Final Clue - BIG Reveal of January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery

And now we get to add our beautiful Stars we created in Clue #1, but first - a couple more RED/White 1" borders...IF you Please?  Or did YOU decide to go with 2" FINISHED borders to increase the size of your quilt?  

NO matter - you may add them now, IF you wish OR, you may choose to leave them off...Quilter's Choice!

Here's our January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery Big Reveal:

January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery!

Do you see our Beautiful Patriotic Stars?  Notice - there are thirteen (13) in the upper Top/Left corner AND thirteen (13) in the Lower/Right corner - representing our original Thirteen (13) Colonies!

You will need to decide 'how' you want your patriotic stars to appear in your quilt.  I spent a little time arranging/rearranging mine until I got the look I was going for.  Then, I sewed them together - starting, once again w/Stars on each side, adding enough of my 6 1/2" in-the-raw neutral fabric to create a side border that fit my left side, then my right side.  Once pressed to the 'outside', then I sewed my top Stars together, added enough 6 1/2" neutral fabric to the Top and then the Bottom Star units to create borders that fit, as we've done previously in Clue #2

My first Sweet Freedom Mystery FINISHED at 55" x 70" prior to quilting/binding/laundering/labelling

Next, I auditioned my Dark Blue fabric for an outside 'perimeter' border:

Auditioning Dark Blue border fabric - Yes!  I like!!

The final decision was made to add this Dark Blue border fabric to my second Sweet Freedom Mystery quilt ;-)

January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery w/outside Perimeter Border

This version of our January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery w/outside Dark Blue 3" perimeter borders FINISHED at 61" x 76", prior to quilting/binding/laundering/labelling.

Hope you enjoyed our January 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery - we will be releasing more info on our February 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery by February 1, 2022...See You All Then!

Time to quilt!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Freedom Mystery RESUMES w/Twist ;-)

Clue #1 of our Sweet Freedom Mystery is HERE!

Clue #2 - Square Up/Sash