March 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery is HERE!

 Welcome to our March 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery!

First - beautiful fabric requirements...these are mine from my personal stash.  

Red/White/Blue fabrics

Trying to fulfill a 2022 goal of using as much of my personal patriotic stash this year to create beautiful patriotic quilts to Honor our Beloved Veterans and Service Members for the sacrifice and service for our country.

Thus, between EQ8 giving me some 'wonky' fabric requirements, using my stash - which was originally purchased because I liked the gorgeous fabrics and did not really have a project in mind - other than it would be 'patriotic', so fabric requirements will be based on my best 'guesstimate'!

This month's Sweet Freedom Mystery lends itself well to yardage AND scraps, so dig into your patriotic scrap basked and let's have some FUN creating a beautiful patriotic scrappy quilt!

My first quilt was created from yardage, my second will be from patriotic scraps.  Yardage requirements are posted for now.  Later as we progress through our weekly clues, you'll also see a few of my 'scrappy' units ;-)

Fabrics:

  • 2 yds. Red
  • 2 yds. Blue
  • 2 1/2 yds. Neutral/White
The yardage given is what I 'started out' with - I had plenty left over to incorporate into my second quilt!  (EQ8 gave me 1 3/8 yd. for Red and 1 1/2 yd. for Blue for the 'interior' of the quilt without borders/binding, using rotary cutting methods.  I used GO! dies so... there you go!)

AccuQuilt GO! Dies:

  • GO! Half-Square Triangle, (3” FINISHED) - Die #55017
https://www.accuquilt.com/go-half-square-triangle-3-finished-square-die.html

  • GO! Strip Cutter 2 ½”, (2” FINISHED) Strip Die – Die #55017
https://www.accuquilt.com/go-strip-cutter-2-1-2-2-finished-3-strips-die.html

#55009 HST Triangle die


Our March 2022 Sweet Freedom Mystery will finish at 60" x 72" with ALL the optional borders.  Because this is a pieced patriotic quilt - there will be multiple opportunities to enlarge/reduce this quilt during construction...NO Worries!  

UPDATE:  Check back Friday, March 4, 2022 for our 1st Clue...See YOU then!

Happy Fabric Hunting,

Deb Lindley
Sweet Freedom Mystery 

Sweet Freedom Mystery Facebook Group:  
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SweetFreedomMystery/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Freedom Mystery RESUMES w/Twist ;-)

Clue #1 of our Sweet Freedom Mystery is HERE!

Clue #2 - Square Up/Sash